Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Repurposed Vintage Sheets!

i picked up this pack of vintage sheet squares from ironsea's etsy shop this summer and just new they would make the perfect little baby quilt. ironsea has a nice selection of vintage sheets, that you just can't find around these here parts, hon. so i was excited to find such a great collection already cut up and ready to go. and at a reasonable price!



sweet vintage


i would not call myself a quilter. i've been too impatient to really sit down and read a book on quilting or follow any particular pattern. needless to say my quilts are all wonky and the binding around the edges is a bit... a lot..messy. still, it looks cute and it makes me happy when i see zoe with handmade shirts or dresses on, so i know i'll be so happy when i see lil' sis snugglin' in her new baby quilt!

small baby quilt

*oh, and the little toy, if you're interested, is by haba toys. i love that their toys are made from sustainable wood sources and have great design features.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, I've been reading your blog and love it! How cute is this quilt?! I have "ugly" (translation - awesome) old 70s flowered sheets that belonged to my parents when they first got married. I should try to do something crafty with them.

    Congrats on lil' sis! What great news. It's funny, i always pictured myself with girls, and here I am with my little Sebastian. But, as I am sure you feel too, I wouldn't change a thing. Keep blogging, I love reading and seeing all the pretty pics of your creations.

    Love,
    Meredith (Pirone) Cordisco

    P.S. I too love haba wooden toys. I'm pretty sure I love them more than Sebbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks meredith! and thanks for stopping by. i love vintage sheets, you're lucky you've got a stash! i can totally see your parents with some good ones : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love it! and i'm jealous you've made something for baby already! looks so cuddle-able....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I was just browsing through one of the vintage sheet groups on flickr and I thought to myself, wow I have a bunch of those sheets! Then I saw your photo of the squares and realized wait, I cut those squares! ;)

    It turned out great! And looks so snuggly!

    ReplyDelete