Monday, September 20, 2010

Kids Clothes Week (Fall Edition):: Day 1

this spring, you may remember, i participated in elsie marley's kids clothes week challenge. the turn out was great and there were many talented participants. it really motivated me to sew something everyday and the sense of accomplishment that i felt was wonderful. lets forget about the fact that the house was not cleaned that week and a child may or may not have been lost in piles of scrap fabric....

kids clothes week:: day 1

anyway, because there was such a great response, meg (author/creator of elsie marley) has decided to host yet another challenge for fall! i was able to finish a top for zoe after work today and i'm happy with the turn out. i used oliver+s' sailboat top pattern. i just can't say enough about their patterns. they're a little pricey, but well worth it, especially if you are someone that needs clear pictures to follow like me!

kids clothes week:: day 1

i decided to use heather ross' far far away fabric for the rich fall colors. her fabrics are beautiful. it's a thinner material than i'm used to working with, but i decided it would be a good weight for transitioning from summer to fall. i have a feeling we have a few warm days ahead of us, but just can't seem to wait for fall to finally be here and stay for a while. this should suit zoe just fine during her outings until then.

kids clothes week:: day 1

how about you? are you participating in the challenge? if so, leave a comment to say hi! i'd love to see what you've made too.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect fall colors! I'm participating but need to get off the computer and go work on today's project! I hope you'll stop by and link up to Make It Wear It Thursday at TheTrainToCrazy.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The design and the colors. So beautiful, it makes me wish my little boys were girls. Yesterday I made pajamas for my toddler, today I'm going to make a hoodie (heidi and finn pattern) that I cut out last night. I really want to try this sailboat top now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies!

    i too need to drag myself away from the computer, but more for sleep!

    KD-funny, i've always wanted boys and think boys clothes are so cute! the grass is always greener i guess : )

    ReplyDelete